Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl 45 Ads

NFL "American Family" Grey, NY
this surprisingly might be my fav commercial of the night


Bridgestone "Carma" Richards Group, Dallas
I like the concept and execution of this ad a lot, but as for what it does for the brand it is somewhat lacking. I am more likely to remember the commercial than what it was for


Carmax "Kid in a Candy Store" Amalgamated, NY
I just really love this concept, and I like it's circular plot all tying back to Carmax


Doritos, Goodby Silverstein
I'm a sucker for slaptick humor



Budweiser "Wild West" Anomoly
starts off a little so so, but I like how it ties together, and I love the tagline


Stella, Mother
Not really the most creative concept, but well done


BMW "Changes" Kirshenbaum, Bond, Senecal & Partners, NY
I wasn't really a fan of all the car commercials during the superbowl, but I do like this one and the tagline as well


Etrade
I am sucha sucker for these babies. I know how bad they are, and how overplayed they are, but I just think they are damn funny. These not as good as last year but still funny


Chevrolet "Misunderstanding" Goodby SIlverstein
The chevy commericals weren't awful this year, I especially liked this one


Pepsi Max "Love Hurts" TBWA Chiat Day
I like the concept of this ad, but from my feminist POV, the angry black woman stereotype really kinda pissed me off

And this Pepsi Max one "First Date" also hits my feminist chord. It's kinda got that "funny cause it's true" thing working for it, but eh


Volkwagen "Black Beetle" Deutsch
I like this commercial because it makes the illusion of showing the power of the car but using the beetle

"The Force"
And this one is pretty cute, but doesnt do a whole lot for the brand


Welp that's my take on some of this years ads

No comments:

Post a Comment